1999-2010

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Presidential candidates reveal reality TV faves


President Bush may be out of step with the American people when it comes to Iraq, but his handlers were smart enough to get him to follow up his veto by showing up with his wife and saying the name "Bono" on American Idol. Unfortunate though, that he could have been talking about Sonny Bono, because with their bad makeup, stilted reading and awkward comedy, the Bushes come off like a couple out of the Sixties.

So when it comes to voting on his successor, we know what we're basing our decision on:

The Candidate's favorite reality TV show.

The Associated Press asks:

What is your favorite reality TV program?

DEMOCRATS:

Delaware Sen. Joe Biden: "Don't have one."

New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton: "American Idol."

Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd: "American Idol, which I say often reminds me of running for president sometimes."

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards: College basketball.

Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich: C-SPAN coverage of the U.S. House of Representatives. No time for other TV.

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama: "Other than the U.S. Senate on C-SPAN? I don't watch them too often."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson: "Fox News."

REPUBLICANS:

Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback: "None this season; too busy. Last season it was The Amazing Race."

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani: Baseball.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: Nashville Star.

California Rep. Duncan Hunter: Watches Versus, previously called the Outdoor Life Network.

Arizona Sen. John McCain: Arizona Diamondbacks baseball.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney: American Idol.

Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo: "None."

2 comments:

Marty said...

My dear Burt: I enjoy your skewed spin much like I think you'll like mine. I'm the proprietress of chickaboomer.blogspot.com. Check it out, my friend. I'm a former network radio and TV news anchor with license to say what I want now. I'd love your permission to link your blog to mine. Perhaps you'd consider the same. I bill myself as a "beautiful baby boomer babe blasting blowhards and boneheads." Or something to that effect. Please feel free to communicate w/me via comments or my e-mail at marty@chickaboomer.com. Yours in truth, justice, and the American Way.

Anonymous said...

baby I enjoy your skewed spin much like I think you'll like mine.